Press Release: 5th European Innovation Summit - 3 October 2013
Horizon 2020 and the Structural Funds are at the final stage of being adopted. The 5th European Innovation Summit gathers 5 commissioners, 25 MEPs and a wide range of leading stakeholders from the industry and academia to participate in 25 events in order to reflect on the following question: what are the crucial steps to be made in the implementation of policies and instruments in order to put Europe back on the map of the innovation strong economies?
We do know where Europe currently stands in the innovation power hierarchy globally. We also know that the level of the innovation potential in Europe is extremely high and that many important discoveries are made in European labs. However, what Europe has admittedly failed to do so far, is to bring the innovation to the market efficiently. The innovation potential of Europe has been consistently undermined by its notoriously overregulated environment.
The 5th European Innovation Summit aims at identifying what needs to be done to bridge the innovation gaps and overcome the Innovation barriers, which renders an innovation friendly climate impossible, or indeed, less possible then in the leading Innovation strong economies. The summit will also focus on the key innovation drivers that have to be given more strength and emphasis. 5 calls to “wake up” Europe on the innovation front will be delivered as a result of the summit during its closing ceremony, summarising key directions for the implementation of future measures. Smart implementation of the new policies and instruments will be key to achieving the maximum of Europe’s innovation potential.
Multiple venues in the European Parliament in Brussels:
- Conference rooms
- Members Restaurant and members Salons
- Exhibition Spaces
6 reasons to become a partner at the 5th EIS
- Gain high visibility and be recognized as a leading innovation organisation
- Organise your own event as part of the Summit agenda
- Speak alongside Commissioners and MEPs
- Demonstrate your innovative and technological achievements and solutions at the EIS Exhibition Space
- Unique Audience – EU’s political, business, academic and scientific elite under one roof
- Network and share experience with other innovative organisations and high level EU policy makers