The 6th European Innovation Summit, organised by Knowledge4innovation, will take place from 17 to 20 November 2014 in the European Parliament in Brussels. The programme features more than 25 conference sessions and discussions on topics of great importance for everyone working in the area of innovation and more than 100 high-level speakers from the European parliament, the European Commission, the educational and the private sector. The motto of the this year’s edition is ‘A Mandate for Innovation in Europe’ which highlights the strong belief that innovation should be a top strategic priority in the new institutional cycle of the European Union and the centerpiece of a revised Europe 2020 strategy.
For a sixth consecutive year the event brings together EU’s political, business, academic and scientific elite and provides a valuable opportunity for networking and sharing experience with other innovative organisations and high level EU policy makers. What is more, the summit is a unique chance to meet the newly elected MEPs and learn about their plans for the future of innovation in Europe.
The program of the 6th European Innovation Summit features conference sessions on important "horizontal" aspects of innovation such as Framework conditions for innovation, TTIP, Horizon 2020, as well as parallel sessions for specific sectors for which innovation is the major resource to overcome the big challenges ahead – agriculture, energy, transport, health, climate, IT. Find the detailed programme of the summit here.
During the four days of the event, the participants will also have the opportunity to visit the special EIS Exhibition Space where a number of organisations will present concrete cases from their day-to-day experience and demonstrate their innovative and technological achievements and solutions.
Multiple venues in the European Parliament in Brussels:
- Conference rooms
- Members Restaurant and members Salons
- Exhibition Spaces
6 reasons to become a partner at the 6th EIS
- A unique chance to meet the newly elected MEPs and learn about their plans for the future of Innovation in Europe
- Organise your own event as part of the Summit agenda
- Speak alongside Commissioners and MEPs
- Demonstrate your innovative and technological achievements and solutions at the EIS Exhibition Space
- Unique Audience – EU’s political, business, academic and scientific elite under one roof
- Network and share experience with other innovative organisations and high level EU policy makers