European Innovation Summit - Future now!
The 8th European Innovation Summit comes at a time of major challenges and opportunities requiring bold decisions. Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things; innovative business models for the sharing economy; disruptive technologies such as autonomous driving or genetic engineering – are some of the big game changers that have a profound impact on the way we live and work. Innovation as the response to major societal challenges is not only about technological developments executed by researchers in their labs. It requires the involvement of the users from the beginning and equally important a better connection and communication between science and society.
This year’s debates cover a great variety of hot topics such as:
- The mid-term review and post 2020 discussions: Next Framework Progamme, European Innovation Council, Structural Funds, etc.
- People: STEM education, next generation innovators and entrepreneurs
- Disruptive technologies and business models
- Circular economy
- The effect of digitization on society
- Bi-annual INPACT meeting - Pact for Innovation initial working groups
Each bloc will draw attention to the key measures Europe has to take now in order to benefit from the changing innovation landscape. To fulfil its mission to innovate, by drawing on its strong research and growing start-up base Europe must act: Innovation Future Now!