EIT Raw Materials joins K4I
We are happy to welcome among our members EIT Raw Materials GmbH, the largest consortium in the raw materials sector worldwide, initiated and funded by the EIT (European Institute of Innovation and Technology), a body of the European Union. Its vision is to develop raw materials into a major strength for Europe. Its mission is to enable sustainable competitiveness of the European minerals, metals and materials sector along the value chain by driving innovation, education and entrepreneurship.
EIT RawMaterials unites more than 120 core and associate partners and 180+ project partners from leading industry, universities and research institutions from more than 20 EU countries. Partners of EIT RawMaterials are active across the entire raw materials value chain; from exploration, mining and mineral processing to substitution, recycling and circular economy. They collaborate on finding new, innovative solutions to secure the supplies and improve the raw materials sector in Europe.
- enable sustainable competitiveness of the European minerals, metals and materials sector along the value chain by driving innovation, education and entrepreneurship.
- integrating knowledge from industry, higher education and research by engaging stakeholders from the entire raw materials value chain.
- promote increased resource efficiency and the improvement of processes and products
- support the introduction of new, innovative technologies and rethink current linear economic models to move towards a circular approach.
- increase human capital in the raw materials sector and promote entrepreneurial education at all levels.